Volunteer Code of Conduct
In my role as a Fallbrook Union Elementary School District volunteer, I agree to abide by the following code of volunteer conduct:
1. Immediately upon arrival, I will sign in at the principal’s office or the designated sign-in station and upon departure, I will sign out.
2. I will wear or show a volunteer identification whenever required by the school to do so.
3. I will use only adult bathroom facilities.
4. I agree to never be alone with individual students without the authorization of teachers and/or school authorities.
5. I will not solicit outside contact with students or give gifts or cards to students without administrative approval.
6. I will exchange home directory information only with parental and administrative approval and only if it is required as part of my role as a volunteer. I agree not to exchange telephone numbers, home address, e-mail addresses or other home directory information with students for any other purpose.
7. I will maintain confidentiality outside of school and will share any concerns that I may have with teachers and school administrators.
8. I agree to not transport students without the written permission of parents or guardians or without the expressed permission of the school or district.
9. I will not disclose, use or disseminate student photographs or personal information about students or others.
10. I agree not to post, transmit, publish, or display harmful or inappropriate matter that is threatening, obscene, disruptive or sexually explicit or that could be construed as any form of harassment.
11. I will not operate my cellular telephone within the confines of the classroom or any other educational setting while acting in the capacity of a volunteer or while supervising children engaged in a school sponsored activity or event.
12. I understand that my duties as a volunteer require my full attention and I agree not to have children under my care or supervision that are not currently enrolled at the school site.
13. I agree only to do what is in the best personal and educational interest of every child with whom I come into contact.
14. I agree I will come dressed appropriately for the work to be completed.
15. Under Penal Code 290.95 I am required to disclose to school officials if I am a registered sex offender. My failure to disclose this fact could result in my arrest, prosecution, and likely fine and imprisonment. By placing my name below, I declare under penalty of perjury, that I am required pursuant to Penal Code 290.95 to disclose to school officials that I am a registered sex offender, and that I have not suffered convictions for sex or drug related offenses or for crimes of violence, and there are no criminal charges pending against me.
16. Due to CDPH guidelines, all volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated or provide a negative COVID-19 test. I agree to provide documentation confirming vaccination and/or negative test.
• You need to sign the attached Volunteer Code of Conduct form if you are going to be a regular volunteer.
• Always have your ID available.
• You need to volunteer in the classroom or classroom(s) you are assigned to.
• Wear appropriate clothing when working with children.
• Please do not bring younger siblings while you are volunteering in the classroom.
• Be professional and confidential in your conversations. Items you may overhear are to remain confidential.
• Allow staff members and teachers to correct students, except in life-threatening or emergency situations.
• Always have another adult in the room with you when working with students.
• Use positive and professional language when referring to school, staff, or other families.
• Always act in the best interest of all students.
Please remember our 8 Habits
o Be Proactive
o Begin with the End in Mind
o Put FirstThings First
o Think Win-Win
o Seek First To Listen, Then to Be Understood
o Sharpen the Saw
o Find Your Voice